Sunday 27 January 2013

Taking Things For Granted

I was just sitting here thinking and it suddenly came to my attention how we take so much for granted!
Like seriously we take absolutely everything for granted! From Water to Money to Electricity ect! How many people in other countries would kill for a cup of water yet we so readily throw a cup of water down the sink and have 15minute showers that use liters and liters of water!
We have houses to live in, that have more then one or two rooms, running water and electricity! Some people don't even have a hut to call their home!
And money! Oh my! Money is something we over use and we take for granted so badly! While we are here buying new clothes just for the sake of it, or buying a camera because our old one isn't good enough, people are starving from a lack of money to get themselves food! Its just insane!
Another thing we take for granted is school, how many of you actually really hate/hated school? Did you know there are thousands of kids who would do absolutely anything to get the kind of education you have been blessed with!!!
Also we take our family for granted and its just really sad! Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was really struggling with my family, I treated them as objects not people, I was so used to them being around I had forgotten just how valuable they really are!
These are just a few general things most people take for granted, if I were to list the really personal things I take for granted, the list would be pretty big and I'm sure it would be the same for you! So I challenge you, take a look at yourself and see what things you take for granted and see if you can try to make them special once again, because things are so much better when they actually have some value rather then be useless bits of nothing!!!

#Something to ponder on!
Jazz =)

1 comment:

  1. After writing up this post I saw this video, it is just another way of showing how much we take things for granted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXynrsrTKbI&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete