Sunday 10 February 2013

God's love :)

As I sat there praying, I suddenly had the urge to sing, so without even really thinking I started singing:
"Savior I come

Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You are
Te word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen"

I hadn't sung this song for over a year, I hadn't even heard it for ages! I don't even know how I knew the words.. But somehow during that time of fasting and prayer on the Monday at APJ, God put the words of that song on my heart.. As I sang it, God's love for us, for me, was really revealed to me! I mean God gave his ONLY son Jesus to DIE on the cross for OUR sins, for MY sins.. The perfect sinless man, payed the price for my sin! But why? Why would he pay such a high price for me? Simple but true answer: Because he Loves me!"
Something I have heard a fair bit recently is: "Why did God create us? Because he wants to share his love with us!" And that is so true! God didn't just make us to keep him company, to have dominion over the earth, or glorify him! He also made us so that he could love us!

#Reflection,
Jazz =) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Jael! God's love is just SO AMAZING! Praise the Lord!
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure :) thankyou for taking time to read and comment :) and may God bless you too! :)

      Delete